Search this Topic:
08/20/15 01:42 PM
<3 H2G2Tone Watchdog
08/20/15 08:05 PM
He started it all.
08/21/15 03:02 AM
08/21/15 03:38 AM
08/21/15 05:04 AM
08/21/15 09:36 AM
04/16/16 05:42 PM
1. Joe (Ethan-esque?) - shown on Day 1 (only), and has a story of survival every step of the way so far - makes way through thick forest, finds game trail but knows not to sleep there, day was eye-opener as is hungry, thirsty, wet, cold, no fire (good to have wake-up call this early without being eliminated, i think, shows winner is not going to cakewalk to the end) - so many winner quotes, but just 1 red flag (“this is going to make me appreciate my family more” - so losing will be okay with him…)
2. Mitch - likeable, connects, to nature but not shown until Day 2
3. Sam - larrikin winner? - training for this since age 14, shown both days, he either stands out as a larrikin in a good way or otherwise he will be out next week lol
4. Chris (Richard Hatch-esque?) - swears a lot, not shown until Day 2
5. Alan - “quest for fire continues” (Survivor clue?) - shown on both days, story of trying to make fire, we know he is crazy as he said it twice
6. Brant - shoddy shelter, emphasis on failure so far (could be a red herring), shown on Day 1 & 2
7. Lucas - shown early but on Day 1 only and was relatively long scene, however there was emphasis on LUCK of finding the waterfall…
8. Wayne - unaware if camping on game trail… Day 1 only
9. Dustin - disappointed and clueless so far… and only shown on Day 2
Honestly it feels like Joe winning is super obvious, and you're probably all laughing at me right now. I'm keen to suspect the winner might be someone we don't necessarily expect, which is why I think Sam has an outside chance (my #3) because he has lots of personality, we got some personal insight and a joke during the intro, and seems confident. What I'm doing is really roughly transcribing every sequence then at the end summarising each sequence as being short or long or a family sequence (honestly, there's both a super-short and short variety, but I don't have the energy to count words or sentences):
Lucas - 1 long (Day 1 only)
Alan - 2 short (Day 1 & 2)
Dustin - 1 short (Day 2 only)
Chris - 2 short, 1 long, 1 family (Day 2 only)
Sam - 2 short* (3 if count wolf interplay with Mitch) (Day 1 & 2)
Brant - 2 short (Day 1 & 2)
Wayne - 1 short (Day 1 only)
Mitch - 3 short* (4 if count wolf interplay with Sam), 1 long, 1 family (Day 2 only)
Joe - 1 short, 2 long, 1 family (Day 1 only)<br>
Josh - TAPPED OUT (1 short, 3 long, 1 family) (Day 1 & 2)
04/16/16 07:05 PM
Season 1 Episode 2 thoughts:
Lucas - 1 short, 1 long, 1 family
Alan - 1 short, 2 long
Dustin - 1 short
Sam - 1 short
Brant - 1 long
Wayne - 2 short, 1 long, 1 family
Mitch - 6 long, 1 brief family mention
Joe - 1 short, 5 long
Chris - TAPPED OUT (1 long) (Day 3)
At this stage, really hard to pick between Joe and Mitch.
1. Joe - will stick with my episode 1 instincts for now, though he and Mitch are on fairly level playing field, but Joe does have slight advantage of having had content every day, especially Day 1, and his path of survival has been documented completely, but does feel honestly a little overexposed
2. Mitch - even more overexposed than Joe, so maybe Joe’s distraction? Has advantage of complete journey documented so far, and snuck in a mention of his family and providing for his daughter, which is excellent. Probably *had* to show a lot of his content as the river-crossing made great TV. Can’t forget he had no content on Day 1.
3. Sam - short but decent water trapping sequence - sticking with him as a possible eventual UTRPP winner… has had content every day, and the editors placed his little content this week right in the middle of the episode. I can’t rule out minimal content as a bad thing as he literally may have done absolutely nothing else all day, or is a complete idiot and they’re hiding that.
4. Wayne - edit really picked up this episode, lots of character building, humor, personal and family insight, emphasis on primitivism (probably a good sign) slight winner quotes (have to do my best, i’m a problem solver) but perhaps red flag is that he sounded extremely confident “except for a cougar” - foreshadowing?
5. Lucas - decent content with family and friend stuff, but slight red flag when he worried about his perfectionism
6. Alan - emphasis on not being tech savvy… then later did what Mitch said you shouldn’t do (sweat while finding water), singing during slug sequence confirmed his lunacy.
7. Brant - emphasis on isolation, clever to filter stream water through moss but “tasted nutty” - not a great sign
8. Dustin - almost nothing, again
04/16/16 08:00 PM
Wow. So two are gone, Joe (my #1) and Wayne. Had a feeling Joe was too obvious, though, and have that same concern with Mitch. I’m really struggling now to pick between Sam, Alan and Mitch. I’m pretty sure Lucas is out of it, but can’t eliminate just yet like Brant and Dustin. I’m getting vibes that Alan is the crazy winner with a heart of gold, but I’m going to stick with my guns from Episode 1, that Sam may be completely unexpected, as he has consistently had good content but I think it was used in a way to make us want to write him off.
Lucas - 2 short, 2 long (Day 4 & 5)
Alan - 1 short, 3 long, 1 family (Day 4 & 5)
Dustin - 2 short (Day 4 only)
Sam - 1 super-short, 1 long, 1 family (Day 4 & 5)
Brant - 1 short (Day 4 only)
Mitch - 1 short (Day 4 only)
1. Sam - family sequence, personal story, jokes are starting to wear away to a mature, thoughtful young man, several camp successes are shown — has been shown every day so far (1-5)
2. Alan - great episode (apart from his crazy eyes looking at the camera, and the farting), but got family sequence, and deep personal awakening, related nature to being like a church — has been shown every day so far (1-5)
3. Mitch - excellent cool-down episode, he had just one brief sequence healing wounds with sap, HOWEVER this was possibly too much of a cool-down? nothing shown on Day 5… i’m worried that he was not shown on Days 1 or 5 (well, up to this point).
4. Lucas - had a big failure with the log cabin/clay waste of time, needed a hug, with mention of family again, and a joke (“wife worried about me going crazy, but i assured her that had already happened!”). Shown every day except Day 2. Thinking about it more now, on Day 3 he built fire with little fanfare, which seems odd, since fire-making was made such a big deal of.
5. Brant - isolated, missing family, day 4 only
6. Dustin - almost nothing, again, and day 4 only
04/16/16 08:55 PM
04/16/16 10:45 PM
04/16/16 10:56 PM
KernelQ wrote:Great Bowie. Does these mean you will be interested in season 2? It's a fun show...except for the animal attacks...
04/17/16 10:38 AM
04/17/16 11:08 AM
© 2017 Yuku. All rights reserved.